I've Sound Forum

Everything about I've Sound and our beloved I've Girls: IKU, RINA, Larval Stage Planning, YUZUNO, KOTOKO, Mami Kawada, Eiko Shimamiya, MELL and more.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  EventsEvents  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Treize
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Treize

8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Empty
PostSubject: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 3:51 am

KOTOKO tweeted yesterday after finishing her summer tour that she is currently making a new album with Tomoyuki Nakazawa. They just finished a new song called Fukigen na Mermaid | Ill-tempered Mermaid.

https://twitter.com/KOTOKO_Dwarf/status/1046370122217062400
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kane
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner
Kane

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 6:03 am

Another album already ? Wow :o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sekka
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Sekka

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 2:45 pm

@Kane wrote:
Another album already ? Wow :o

Yeah, the initial announcement of "tears cyclone -Kai-" had mentioned "two albums" (for the 15th anniversary of her major debut) with "-Kai-" being the first one, so the newly announced "-Sei-" is the second one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zil
I've Sound Newcomer
I've Sound Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 10:32 am

It seems the recording is now finished (after six months).

https://ameblo.jp/kotoko-kirakira/entry-12451384917.html

Though we could still be some time away from a release date.

It will be interesting to compare the two albums.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fabi
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner
Fabi

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 7:07 am

Release date is 2019.06.26

The Album is going to be released as a CD only and CD+Blu-ray Edition.
The Blu-ray includes a concert of her last tour KOTOKO LIVE TOUR 2018「tears cyclone-廻-」(2018/09/30@TSUTAYA O-EAST). 
Like the last Album, the first press will also come with a bonus CD that includes a Remix Version of agony, mixed by Takase:「agony - Dark of Crystal arrange -」(Mixed by Kazuya Takase)

http://nbcuni-music.com/kotoko/news/index01370000.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sekka
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Sekka

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 11:41 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kane
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner
Kane

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 12:26 pm

Looks like release date is June 26, according to Amazon JP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MeltingCORE
I've Sound Newcomer
I've Sound Newcomer
MeltingCORE

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 12:59 am

I can't wait to hear this! <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fabi
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner
Fabi

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 3:11 pm

Wow, this forum seems to be dead at this point. That's sad.
Here are very short Previews of the new Album.

First I have to say that I LOVE the Covers of this Album. I now it's not hard to beat KOTOKOS previous Album Covers, because most of them sucked, but I think these are very good.

In terms of the Tracks, I know the Previews are too short to judge anything, but from what I hear, I have to say that most of them sound quite mediocre. Nothing new or fresh. The most promising are Track 5,6 and 7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rainycrimson
I've Sound Guest
I've Sound Guest
rainycrimson

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 6:58 pm

I agree about some of the tracks sounding mediocre, but I hope to like them more with the longer versions. I don't think this new album will be better than the previous one, but it's been always this way with I've albums, I like half the album and the other half I forget (Epsilon and parablepsia are good exceptions).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kacku
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Kacku

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 1:12 pm

I also love the album covers, the limited edition one looks especially good. Not very excited by the previews, but I still hope KOTOKO and Nakazawa can bring something interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Treize
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Treize

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 4:19 pm

I’m liking 1, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12. It’s too hard to tell with such short previews, though. This will probably be similar to her last album for me, not much new. But it is an anniversary album so I don’t mind that there isn’t a lot of unique things since that’s not the theme of the albums. I think I’ll like this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
superduperamazin
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner
superduperamazin

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 6:01 pm

Surprised this wasn't posted yet but here's the short version MV of 醒-metallic tears-:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Treize
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Treize

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 3:27 pm

The new album sounds so nice. I’m pretty sure I like every song, even though I was a little worried after hearing the previews. I think this is the first KOTOKO album where I like all the songs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fabi
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner
Fabi

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 11:59 am

Here's the Album:
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35314035

It's better than expected but still quite underwhelming. But it's extremely summery and that's a plus!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rainycrimson
I've Sound Guest
I've Sound Guest
rainycrimson

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 4:10 pm

Tracks 1, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11 and 12 are very good, but nothing too special about the others. I really disliked the cute songs like "Thank you birthday". 11 and 12 reminded me of Nakazawa older songs, they are a bit nostalgic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sekka
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Sekka

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 4:55 pm

I got my copy of the album (the Amazon Japan Limited Edition one) in the mail today.

The concert was really good.  Singing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kacku
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Kacku

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2019 8:25 am

I was excited to notice that this album was available on iTunes! I haven't bought a physical copy 'cuz importing is expensive and I can't right now, but I immediately took the chance to get it for less than 10€. I haven't finished listening to it yet, but so far, it's a pretty good album: not really a weak song in here, though I didn't find any songs great stand-outs either. My favourites: Minazuki no Koi ~mimetic memory~, Fukigen na Ningyo, HACHI, and Tobiuo. (I wasn't super into HACHI until the spoken-word bridge, but that charmed the hell out of me. Singing )

Also, I have to say a few words about KOTOKO's cover of Asu e no Namida: it's ok, but I feel like this song benefits from a soft delivery and sparser arrangement, like in the original. Unfortunately, KOTOKO didn't go very delicate and Nakazawa amped up the arrangement to match her, and in the end, the song is weaker for it. It's too bad they didn't go for a different style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」   8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8th Album 「tears cyclone-sei-」
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I've Sound Forum :: Former Members :: KOTOKO-
Jump to: