I've Sound Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've Sound Forum

Everything about I've Sound and our beloved I've Girls: IKU, RINA, Asuka Sato and more.

HomeHome  EventsEvents  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」

Go down 
+8
Minoru
Kacku
Treize
mk03
Kane
rainycrimson
zil
Fabi
12 posters

What's your favorite tracks from tears cyclone?
nonfiction ~Akuma ga Sumu Wakusei~
27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Vote_lcap17%27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Hibari
27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Vote_lcap8%27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Natsukoi
27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Vote_lcap0%27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Onyx
27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Vote_lcap25%27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
effacer
27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Vote_lcap8%27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Sign of Suspicion
 8% [ 1 ]
a-gain
27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Vote_lcap0%27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Kaiten Mokuba
27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Vote_lcap17%27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Muguet no Hanataba wo, Kimi he
 0% [ 0 ]
dusty days
 0% [ 0 ]
SA*KU*RA Hakusho
 8% [ 1 ]
Kai-Ro-tation
 8% [ 1 ]
sign -Tomoyuki Nakazawa Remix-
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
ERIK
I've Sound Arranger
I've Sound Arranger

27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Empty
PostSubject: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Prepare yourselves!

According to NBCUniversal, KOTOKO is going to release a new album in June, in total collaboration with I've Sound × Kazuya Takase (there's no info yet on if C.G mix and NAMI will get involved or not).

The concept of this album is "returning to the origin". Sounds very cool! XD

Details will be announced later.

Last edited by ERIK on Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.ivesound.in
Sekka
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Sekka

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 6:15 pm

That's cool, it's been over four years since Kuuchuu Puzzle was released. I'm looking forward to the new album. Singing
Back to top Go down
Minoru
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 10:03 pm

Thanks for the information. I would love it to include some self-covers.
Back to top Go down
ERIK
I've Sound Arranger
I've Sound Arranger

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 8:28 am

Minoru wrote:

Super agree! I'd like very much to see a "-2018 version-" of Re-sublimity, agony and Suppuration -core-.
Back to top Go down
Kacku
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Kacku

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 11:41 am

Wow, exciting news! It's been so long since KOTOKO released an album, can't wait for this one! I wonder why it's being released through Universal when all her releases for the last many years have been with Warner (right?). I guess this means songs from her latest singles won't be included.

I wonder what the concept actually means for the album. Self-covers would be nice. But I wouldn't be mad if they went all the way back and did a whole album in the style of hane.
Back to top Go down
Minoru
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 5:01 am

ERIK wrote:
Minoru wrote:

Super agree! I'd like very much to see a "-2018 version-" of Re-sublimity, agony and Suppuration -core-.
Actually, I was referring to songs that she has written for other artists, like "Sign" by Ray, but a new version of some classic song would be great too.

Kacku wrote:
Wow, exciting news! It's been so long since KOTOKO released an album, can't wait for this one! I wonder why it's being released through Universal when all her releases for the last many years have been with Warner (right?). I guess this means songs from her latest singles won't be included.

I wonder what the concept actually means for the album. Self-covers would be nice. But I wouldn't be mad if they went all the way back and did a whole album in the style of hane.
Usually, the songs are ported from one label to another as it happened with "Loop-the-Loop" and "Restart" in the album "Kuchu Puzzle". However, if it was not confirmed that the songs of this album will be composed only by Kazuya Takase, "TOUGH INTENTION" and "ZoNE-iT" would have been ported as well.
Back to top Go down
Fabi
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner
Fabi

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 8:07 pm

I was actually really interested if KOTOKO is still with Warner or not after being so quiet for the last few years. I bet with the loss of Mami and Ray and the lack of new Artists they signed, Universal was offering her a great Deal to come back to them. Hopefully she stays there and joins I've fully in the near future. I'm extremely excited for this Album!
Back to top Go down
zil
I've Sound Newcomer
I've Sound Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 12:53 pm

Kacku wrote:
I guess this means songs from her latest singles won't be included.

Small anison labels have a fairly good track record of working together for the common good. Serment was on Mami's Square the Circle album despite the fact that it was orininally released via WHV. If the last two singles are not on the album it will be because this is a new beginning for KOTOKO, not because of petty ownership disputes between record labels.
Back to top Go down
rainycrimson
I've Sound Guest
I've Sound Guest
rainycrimson

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 4:49 pm

Finally a new album! I'm so glad it's going to be produced by I've, the only songs I liked on Kuuchuu Puzzle were the ones produced by Kazuya anyways. I know it's hard to happen, but I'd like some songs like Asura or Retrieve again.
Back to top Go down
Kacku
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Kacku

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 11:01 am

zil wrote:
Kacku wrote:
I guess this means songs from her latest singles won't be included.

Small anison labels have a fairly good track record of working together for the common good.  Serment was on Mami's Square the Circle album despite the fact that it was orininally released via WHV.  If the last two singles are not on the album it will be because this is a new beginning for KOTOKO, not because of petty ownership disputes between record labels.
I wasn't assuming the singles would be omitted because of ownership disputes but rather because the sudden change in label and the concept and collaboration with I've being advertised seem to imply that this will be a bit more special release. But that doesn't really come across in my previous post, so fair assumption.
Back to top Go down
Kane
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner
Kane

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Album title is "tears cyclone-廻-" (dunno if mawari or meguru).
She'll also be touring. News here.
Back to top Go down
Sekka
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Sekka

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 1:11 pm

A page on NBC Universal shows a bit more info on the album. It seems that the "廻" is read as "Kai".

The release date is June 27th. There will be 12 tracks total, 10 of the tracks are new. "Sign of Suspicion" will be included in it, and KOTOKO will do a self-cover of Ray's song "a-gain".
Back to top Go down
mk03
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner
mk03

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 10:23 pm

>KOTOKO will do a self-cover of Ray's song "a-gain".
Interesting. Makes me miss Ray to be honest (who if rumors are to be believed is now working as a maid in a maid cafe in Sapporo).
Back to top Go down
Treize
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Treize

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2018 3:13 am

It'll be really interesting to hear KOTOKO's versions of sign and a-gain. I can't picture either with KOTOKO's voice, but I'm sure they'll be great!

I wonder what the album will sound like as a whole. I kept picturing songs like hitorigoto, Lament, Collective, Retrieve, hane, asura, UZU-MAKI, etc. But a-gain sounds nothing like these. I guess it'll be more like the songs Takase has been creating recently.
Back to top Go down
Kane
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner
Kane

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2018 3:14 pm

Treize wrote:
It'll be really interesting to hear KOTOKO's versions of sign and a-gain.
It's not sign, but sign of suspicion, already one of her songs Wink
Back to top Go down
Sekka
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Sekka

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2018 4:23 pm

Kane wrote:
Treize wrote:
It'll be really interesting to hear KOTOKO's versions of sign and a-gain.
It's not sign, but sign of suspicion, already one of her songs Wink

There is going to be a bonus CD included with the album that has another self-cover of a Ray song, which is "sign". Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kacku
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Kacku

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2018 4:37 pm

Sekka wrote:
There is going to be a bonus CD included with the album that has another self-cover of a Ray song, which is "sign". Very Happy

I'm interested to hear KOTOKO's self-cover, I wonder what she and Nakazawa will do with it.

The album description on the NBC page and Amazon seems to mention something along the lines of this album being the first half of a two-part work. Can someone with more Japanese proficiency clear up what exactly the description is saying?
Back to top Go down
Minoru
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 9:15 pm

"sign –KOTOKO Ver.-(Tomoyuki Nakazawa Re-mix)" confirmed. In Love
Back to top Go down
Sekka
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Sekka

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 2:07 pm

There's a preview for the main track, "Kai-Ro-tation" (廻-Ro-tation). KOTOKO's written comment on it showed a "カイ" above "廻", so that's how I got the title.
Back to top Go down
Treize
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Treize

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 10:37 pm

Wow, I'm surprised they released a preview so early! I can't say I particularly like this song so much, but there'll be a lot of new songs to look forward to. This song will probably grow on me too when listening to the full version.
Back to top Go down
Minoru
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 11:29 pm

Treize wrote:
Wow, I'm surprised they released a preview so early! I can't say I particularly like this song so much, but there'll be a lot of new songs to look forward to. This song will probably grow on me too when listening to the full version.
It was released exactly on her 14th major debut anniversary. Smile
Back to top Go down
ERIK
I've Sound Arranger
I've Sound Arranger

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 12:16 pm

Just to start the hype, today some tweets and an update on her blog suggests that there will be a "devilish song" on this album.  Evil
Back to top Go down
Treize
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Treize

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 9:39 am

KOTOKO tweeted today that the recording for all the songs is done now. Pretty exciting.  Very Happy

https://twitter.com/KOTOKO_Dwarf/status/996367826259660800
Back to top Go down
Kane
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner
Kane

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 10:09 am

NBC tweeted the cover for the album :)

27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Dd3uDP1V0AAm8Ij
Back to top Go down
Kacku
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Kacku

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 10:05 am

The cover is cool, I really like it!
Back to top Go down
HaneCiel
I've Sound Newcomer
I've Sound Newcomer
HaneCiel

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 3:29 pm

check this out!

Back to top Go down
ERIK
I've Sound Arranger
I've Sound Arranger

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 10:21 am

Revealed the tracklist and credits:

01.nonfiction~Akuma ga Sumu Wakusei~ (nonfiction~悪魔が棲む惑星~)
Lyrics: KOTOKO
Composer・Arranger: Kazuya Takase

02.Hibari (雲雀)
Lyrics・Composer: KOTOKO
Arranger: Kazuya Takase

03.Natsukoi (夏恋)

04.Onyx

05.effacer

06.Sign of Suspicion

07.a-gain

08.Kaiten Mokuba (回転木馬)

09.Muguet no Hanataba wo, Kimi he (ミュゲの花束を、君へ)

10.dusty days

11.SA*KU*RA Hakusho (SA*KU*RA 白書)

12.Kai-Ro-tation (廻-Ro-tation)

Also, now there's a short MV for Kai-Ro-tation:

Last edited by ERIK on Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kane
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner
Kane

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 5:13 am

Just noticed they're all arranged/composed by Kazuya Takase. Here goes diversity lol.
Back to top Go down
Treize
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Treize

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 4:06 am

I think it's interesting that KOTOKO composed some of the songs. And the theme is going back to her roots, so I doubt there will be a lot of "new" sounding songs. In her recent interview, she even compared several of the new songs to being similar to older songs.

I hope we get previews of the songs soon!
Back to top Go down
rainycrimson
I've Sound Guest
I've Sound Guest
rainycrimson

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 5:01 pm

The MV is looking good. They could have put real-reality for a bit of diversity. But I'm looking forward to the songs, I believe finally we'll get some dark ones.
Back to top Go down
Sekka
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Sekka

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 11:08 am

NBCUniversal's put up a video with previews for all the tracks on the album.
Back to top Go down
Treize
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Treize

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 4:07 am

I'm so conflicted. I feel like these songs don't really return to her roots at all. But some of the songs do sound pretty nice. I'm most excited for nonfiction, dusty days, and SAKURA Hakusho.
Back to top Go down
Kacku
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Kacku

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 4:45 am

I agree, I'm not hearing much roots in these songs. Most of the songs sounded quite promising though, so I'm excited for the album release next week.
Back to top Go down
Treize
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Treize

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 4:54 am

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33394141

You can listen to the full version of Kai -Ro-tation at 10:35, but she talks over the second half.

It's also nice to hear an instrumental version of P◇lyG△n.
Back to top Go down
Kane
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner
Kane

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 8:43 am

I know it's only previews, and a 1st listening for me, but I was more enthusiastic for Kuuchuu Puzzle :-/
Back to top Go down
Treize
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Treize

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 6:36 pm

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33403436

You can listen to a-gain at 8:54 but she talks over the second half again.
Back to top Go down
Treize
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Treize

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:55 am

They have the first 45 seconds of each song for previewing on amazon now.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/tears-cyclone-%E5%BB%BB-KOTOKO/dp/B07C2WF38C

The opening of Hibari is amazing.
Back to top Go down
ERIK
I've Sound Arranger
I've Sound Arranger

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 8:40 am

Treize wrote:
They have the first 45 seconds of each song for previewing on amazon now.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/tears-cyclone-%E5%BB%BB-KOTOKO/dp/B07C2WF38C

The opening of Hibari is amazing.

Wow, agree! That intro is so good! The opening of Onyx too!  Singing
Back to top Go down
katkichi
I've Sound Newcomer
I've Sound Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 11:02 am

http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33428907

You can listen all the songs at 39:57 except "sign"
Back to top Go down
Sekka
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Sekka

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:15 pm

I forgot to mention the Oricon Daily Album Chart ranking for the album yesterday. It appeared at 20, and it went up to 17 today. The Weekly Chart ranking (next week) will show how many copies it sold for the week.
Back to top Go down
ERIK
I've Sound Arranger
I've Sound Arranger

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 8:42 am

katkichi wrote:
http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33428907

You can listen all the songs at 39:57 except "sign"

Thank you!

Sekka wrote:
I forgot to mention the Oricon Daily Album Chart ranking for the album yesterday. It appeared at 20, and it went up to 17 today. The Weekly Chart ranking (next week) will show how many copies it sold for the week.

It went down to #27 today.
Back to top Go down
HaneCiel
I've Sound Newcomer
I've Sound Newcomer
HaneCiel

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 6:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Treize
I've Sound Member
I've Sound Member
Treize

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 11:27 pm

Thank you so much!

I'm kind of conflicted. I think most of the songs are at least average or above average, but I was hoping for more stand out songs since it's been so long. Most of the songs sound like album songs and not really stand out songs or single material.

But I'm glad it's selling so well without any anime songs. It's kind of amazing, I think!
Back to top Go down
mk03
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner
mk03

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 7:54 am

The album seemed to have done better than I thought it would. Didn't expect it to be in the Top 30 on the dailies.
Back to top Go down
ERIK
I've Sound Arranger
I've Sound Arranger

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 8:31 am

The album charted at #29 on the Oricon Weekly Album ranking, solding 3,037 copies.
Back to top Go down
mk03
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner
mk03

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 8:57 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」   27 - 7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

7th album 「tears cyclone -Kai-」
Page 1 of 1